The Advising Training & Development Team (ATDT) provides guidance to the Office of Academic & Career Success regarding campus-wide training and professional development.
Subcommittees assist with the creation and implementation of workshops and trainings throughout the year.
ATDT is led by the Office of Academic & Career Success Director for Training and Community Development. ATDT meetings provide space to plan and coordinate new and existing professional development events, share advisor training-related updates & announcements, and receive feedback and ideas for subcommittee work. This committee provides leadership in helping OACS plan strategically for training in the coming year and beyond.
- Emily Dickmann – Office of Academic & Career Success
- Xin Cui Dowling – Department of Mathematics
- Kala Grove – Office of Academic & Career Success
- Ginny Jackson – Integrated Biology & Botany
- Alicia Johanning – Department of Economics
- Terry Pappe – Center for Educational Opportunity
- Erin Polasnek Boyd – English Department
- Mollie Stolbov – Computer Science
- Amanda Walsh – College of Engineering
- Frieda Zuckerberg – Office of Academic & Career Success
- India Viola – Integrative Biology
- Cullen Rude – Genetics/CALS
- Eve Williams – EGR Learning Support
- Kimberly Vue – PEOPLE
- Molly Censky – School of Nursing
- Kristin Armstrong – School of Human Ecology
- Plia Xiong – Department of Statistics
ATDT seeks members who love to create welcoming environments in which all advisors can do their best learning. Membership is open to anyone with an advising or career services-related role, but the number of committee seats available depends on member departures from year to year. Most ATDT members serve on the committee for 2-3 years.
We value diverse perspectives and approaches to learning & professional development, and particularly encourage advisors who have participated in the Racial Justice and Healing Collective, or other learning around diversity, equity and/or inclusion to apply.
To indicate your interest in joining ATDT, please submit the Committee Interest Form.